Marco Polo Aged Care Servicess

Further Information and External Links

General Information About Aged care, Including Fees and Charges

General information about aged care, and Australian Government-funded programs including fees and charges, can be obtained through the Aged Care Information Line. Phone 1800 500 853. Further information can also be found at the My Aged Care Website by clicking here

There are also information sheets on the various fees, which can be accessed on the Department of Health and Ageing website

In addition, Marco Polo’s Resident Liaison officers can also help you with this various information as it applies to Marco Polo.

ACAT Assessment

Gaining a place at Marco Polo Unanderra Care Services requires a current assessment by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). You may contact them directly. Arrangements can be made by calling 1300 792 755.

Financial Information

Financial decisions, for instance about how to pay an accommodation bond or charge, can have different effects on a person’s pension, aged care fees and tax. People are advised to seek expert financial information to help make these decisions. 
A free Financial Information Service is available through Centrelink. To make an appointment, call Centrelink on 13 23 00.

Financial Hardship Assistance

Financial hardship provisions are there for residents who would face genuine financial hardship if they were required to pay residential aged care fees and charges. To receive an application for financial hardship assistance, call the Aged Care Information Line on 1800 500 853.

Appointment of A Nominee

Residents can nominate someone to deal with Centrelink, the Department of Veterans’ Affairs and the Department of Health and Ageing on their behalf. The Appointment of a Nominee form for the Department of Health and Ageing can be accessed by phoning the Aged Care Information Line on 1800 500 853.

Complaints and Aged Care Advocacy 

If you have a concern or complaint about any aspect of the service provided by Marco Polo, or if you are concerned that you are not receiving the care and services that you are entitled to, we suggest you use our internal complaints mechanisms as your first option. Please complete our continuous improvement form by clicking here. Forms are also available at each site.

However, if you are uncomfortable about doing this or if a satisfactory resolution is not achieved through using the internal processes, you may wish to use an external complaints mechanism.

The Aged Care Complaints Investigation Scheme has been set up for this purpose. It is a free confidential service that investigates complaints and concerns about Australian Government t-subsidised aged care including residential and community care. You can contact them either by telephone, during business hours, on 1800 550 552, by completing the online complaints form available on the Aged Care Complaints Investigation Scheme website  or writing to: Aged Care Complaints Investigation Scheme, C/- Department of Health and Ageing, GPO Box 9848, Sydney NSW, 2001.

You can also approach the Aged-Care Rights Service (TARS). This is a free and confidential advocacy service based in NSW. Advocacy focuses on the needs, wishes, and rights of the person, including protection of confidentiality. It promotes the rights of people receiving aged care services and is funded by the Commonwealth Department of Health and Ageing. TARS also runs a legal service specifically for older people. Their contact number is 1800 424 079. Office hours are between 9am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday.