Important information if COVID-19 is found in our facility
The challenges of managing COVID-19 in our community are well understood.
We are focusing on prevention measures at Marco Polo Aged Care Services to keep COVID-19 out of our home and to keep your loved one safe. There are added complications where an outbreak occurs in an aged care facility and we have seen the impacts of this in some aged care facilities across the country.
We have plans to manage an outbreak
The facility has a COVID-19 management plan in place for managing a COVID-19 outbreak if it were to occur here, and we want to make sure you are also prepared if this terrible situation does eventuate.
Knowing what we all need to do, we can work together to get through this and – most importantly – are able to care for your family member.
What we need you to know
- If we have an outbreak of COVID-19 in our facility and there is a positive resident, staff member or visitor, we will need your support and understanding.
- Your family member may need to be moved to prevent infection, if they are COVID-19 positive or are near someone who is.
- If we do need to move your family member we will do this in a way that is sensitive to their needs, and take care of their belongings and we will move them back to their room as soon as we are able.
- We understand that this is a time of heightened anxiety and you may want contact or questions answered quickly about what is happening regarding your loved one at Marco Polo Aged Care Services.
- While caring for our residents is our number one priority, you are important members of our community too and we understand that you need to be kept informed. The details for you to contact with any COVID-19 related questions are:
- (02) 4272 7700 – Our service is staffed by Registered Nurses 24/7. Please speak to the Registered Nurse in charge. Alternatively, you can contact Management during business hours.
While these containment plans are vital to have in place, we want you to know that our focus is on prevention of a COVID-19 outbreak along with the health and wellbeing of our community of residents, staff and visitors.